Contact Us  |  Trade & Media
 
                 
cart Shopping Cart    You have 0 items    Checkout
CHURCH_1resized.jpg

1866 Church from No Town in the Grey Valley

Now an inter-denominational church, this church was originally St. Patrick's Church built in the gold mining town of No Town. It is built of Kauri, which grows in the upper North Island, and was sent from Auckland in kitset form. After its arrival in Greymouth it was barged up the Grey River and then horse-sleighed the final five miles (8.4 kilometres) to No Town. By 1922 No Town had become a ghost town and the church was shifted down the road to Ngahere. When a new church was built there in 1958 the old church was purchased by Ted Matthews who later donated it to Shantytown.
This pretty little church is ideal for Weddings
right_top.jpg

Follow Us

logo_facebook.jpg Facebook
logo_twitter.jpg Twitter
   
Qualmark Enviro Award Silver RGB GIF 10cm high 72dpi   Qualmark Endorsed Visitor Activity webi
 

 

Our Location


Shantytown is located at 316 Rutherglen Road, Paroa - just 10Km south of Greymouth on the West Coast of the South Island. 
                                              
Map and directions

  
Freephone: 0800  742 689

p_5.gif